I Am More: Massachusetts has launched with a visit to a combat vet named Ryan in Springfield to talk about his life after Operation Iraqi Freedom and to take reference photos in his favorite place which involved a snowy walk in the woods. I can’t tell you how helpful it is for me to have a portrait rolling again. On Day 2 of drawing my fingers are blue but my heart is content.
Ryan is the first of what I hope will be 20 portraits of subjects from around Massachusetts. I have plans to visit Lawrence, Lowell, Worcester, Boston, Cape Cod and more over the coming year, and look forward to meeting subjects of all ages and backgrounds. There are issues that we have yet to tackle in this project that I would love to address, such as the opioid addiction crisis, postpartum depression and schizophrenia. The portraits and stories will be published online and exhibited at displays around the state.
I’m looking for individuals, businesses or foundations who would like to sponsor a portrait to help fund my work and travels around the state. A tax-deductible sponsorship of $1500 covers labor, materials, museum-quality framing, and outreach for one portrait.
The following are benefits of sponsorship of an I Am More portrait:
- “Sponsored by …” will appear on the portrait label at exhibits all over Massachusetts
- Sponsors will be mentioned in press articles and appearances around MA
- Thank you on Facebook, Instagram, blog posts and mailing list
- Link to your business or foundation on social media and website
- Right to be called an I Am More sponsor in all media
- Opportunity to create press event at I Am More events
Your sponsorship will benefit Massachusetts residents in the following ways:
- Provide outreach to individuals all over the state through social media and events
- Allow the subject’s story to inspire others to seek support for their challenges
- Provide a platform for any MA residents to express how they are more than their mental challenges through publication of their words and images as part of the I Am More writing project
- Shows that you support the portrait subjects in their effort to be more than their challenges
Your sponsorship is tax-deductible through our fiscal sponsor Ocean Alliance.
If you are interested in sponsoring a portrait you can contact me at email@example.com.
Thanks for your support in this exciting new chapter!
One thought on “Sponsor an “I Am More” Portrait”
You are literally on the road again and drawing. We can feel your enthusiasm. Best wishes!
LikeLiked by 1 person