I Am More began as a public art and writing project to remind us that we are more than our mental illness, health diagnosis, physical disability or life situation. Regardless of the adversity we face, we all have skills, gifts, loves and hopes that are sometimes overshadowed. The project has since grown to embrace whatever those three words mean to you, whether it’s “I am more than…” or “I am more because…”
You can be a part of I Am More by:
- Contributing funding for future portraits and exhibits through fiscal sponsor Ocean Alliance (choose I Am More from the list of programs). All donations are tax-deductible.
- Hosting an exhibit of any number of I Am More portraits for 1-3 months
- Suggesting the project to an individual who might benefit from participating as a portrait subject
- Embracing the message in your art, writing, organization, school or business
- Submitting your art or writing for I Am More social media
- Hosting an event featuring art or performance with the theme I Am More
Contact Amy Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.